Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's a Party. A Party, Party Weekend!

Probably the most popular question I'm asked, is "Where do you get your clothes?"



I get them everywhere!  My favorite places are vintage and resale shops.  Next would be from friends, shows. small online stores, and then last but not least big box shops.


This weekend, I get to try something different.  A friend of mine is having a clothes swap.  She's invited a bunch of girlfriends, all shapes and sizes, and we'll bring clothes that are in good shape to trade. It should be fun and who knows what I'll find.  It will be part treasure hunt and part clothes swap.  

The upside?   I get to meet new people, enjoy some camaraderie and food and quite possibly add to my clothing collection!  Always a good combination.

It's difficult for me to find clothes because I am short in stature.
 Uusally I have to go to the Junior department to find clothes that will fit, but it's rather hard to find clothes that fit my style.  At the clothing swap my friend has invited other guests that are my size and then also added that if they have any of their daughters clothes that are not wanted, bring them too!  Could be very interesting.





Another question I'm asked is, "What is my style?"  I don't really have one, but if I had to pinpoint it,   I guess I would consider it part hippie, part Boho, and eclectic.  I'm not really one with the fashion trends.  Really, it's whatever I pulled out of my closet that day.





Although my favorite show is Project Runway, I watch it to get ideas and smile when I see a designer creating something I've already put together.

 
My favorite designer is Mondo.


He isn't scared to mix designs, shapes and colors. I'm glad to see that after all this time, there are other designers doing the same thing as I.













My motto is that I wear what feels comfortable to me.  I've never been one to change my clothes because someone made a negative comment.  If I like it, and I feel fantastic in it, then I'm wearing it!


Feel free to ask me clothing questions.  I'll try to answer them as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment